SANTA CLARA, Calif., Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviat Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVNW), a leading wireless expert in advanced IP migration solutions, today announced the release of its DAC GE3 module and confirmed delivery of first shipments to multiple leading mobile network operators and other early access customers. The DAC GE3 provides the most advanced Carrier Ethernet switch subsystem available in a microwave backhaul platform today. Featuring higher capacity and an impressive breadth of new capabilities, this third-generation design sets a new benchmark for resilient wireless access and aggregation networks:
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101216/FL18587 )
- To ensure and protect the QoS of real-time traffic while guaranteeing adequate bandwidth for best effort traffic, a fully configurable Strict Priority (SP) and Deficit Weighted Round Robin (DWRR) hybrid scheduler with eight hardware transmission queues is employed. Prioritization of traffic can be enabled at the physical, data link, MPLS, or IP network layer, and a proprietary dynamic shaping algorithm instantly adapts the switch to the bandwidth variations of Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) microwave links.
- With multiple synchronization schemes for IP networks on the market, the DAC GE3 card has been tested along with equipment from other vendors at the European Advanced Testing Center and Carrier Ethernet World Congress in 2010. In these tests, the viability of Synchronous Ethernet and IP microwave technologies were determined together for
their suitability in 4G/LTE backhaul applications. The DAC GE3 is designed to support synchronization through multiple input methods, Stratum 3 level holdover, and propagation of the signal via the Eclipse Distributed Sync™ feature.
- Carrier grade packet buffers and an extended number of ports and transport channels provide the ability to act as a traffic concentrator for purposes of aggregation, and offer superior performance in handling the transport of excessively bursty traffic.
- Support for bi-directional 1+1 protection switching provides high availability and service continuity for mission-critical applications with no single point of failure present in the system.
- Additional Carrier Ethernet features including an integrated Service OAM MEP (Operation, Administration & Maintenance End Point), Link Aggregation (LAG), and ring
protection mechanisms are scheduled to be released in early 2011 via software upgrade.
"Initial customer interest in the DAC GE3 has far exceeded our expectations," said Shaun McFall, senior vice-president and chief marketing officer of Aviat Networks. "It has been extremely well received by customers who have evaluated it, including tier-1 national carriers."
As a plug-in module to the Eclipse Packet Node modular indoor unit, the DAC GE3 builds on Aviat Networks' field-proven experience and leadership in delivering versatile and scalable Hybrid and all-Packet microwave backhaul solutions since the introduction of the Eclipse nodal wireless system in 2004. It provides a seamless upgrade for operators around the world who have already deployed Eclipse, and a high-performance solution for the eventual migration to an all-IP 4G/LTE (Long Term Evolution) network infrastructure.
About Aviat Networks
Aviat Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVNW), previously known as Harris Stratex Networks, Inc., is a leading wireless expert in advanced IP network migration, building the foundation for the 4G/LTE broadband future. We offer best-of-breed wireless transmission solutions including LTE-ready microwave backhaul and a complete portfolio of essential service options that enable wireless public and private telecommunications operators to deliver advanced data, voice and video and mobility services around the world. Aviat Networks is agile, adaptive and anticipates what's coming, to help our customers make the right choices. Our products and services are designed for flexible evolution, no matter what the future brings. With global reach and local presence on the ground, we work by
the side of our customers allowing them to quickly and cost effectively seize new market and service opportunities while managing migration toward an all-IP future. For more information, please visit www.aviatnetworks.com or join the dialogue at www.twitter.com/aviatnetworks.
SOURCE Aviat Networks, Inc.